Location: Port Trevorton
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Job Title: Supervisor Foodservice
Location: Shamokin, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Hospitality Services, Food Services
Work Type: Full time
Department: GMC Food Services Team
Date Posted: 01/03/2023
Job ID: R-42634
Job Summary Oversees and provides quality food and service for all
customers. Assists management team in menu development, recruiting,
training of staff, disciplinary action, monitoring service,
scheduling and other duties based on location needs. Responsible
for working with the management team to ensure quality products and
services are provided, and delivered in a timely manner.
Responsible for coordinating schedules, to ensure proper staffing
- Responsible for all aspects of Foodservices.
- Coordinates and oversees the daily activities of the
- This may include but is not limited to scheduling, conducting
meetings, monitoring performance and providing feedback.
- Ensures that deadlines are met and duties are completed
according to policy and procedure to ensure optimal
- Assists in overseeing work of staff, and provides direction to
ensure maintenance of all quality, safety, sanitation, service and
- Follows and enforces system wide standards as well as
department specific service standards.
- Assists with recruitment, interviewing and selection of
- Coordinates and conducts training and orientation program for
- Serves as a resource to respond to questions and solve
- Serves as a contact person for all questions for patients,
staff and guests in Foodservices.
- Assists with the development of policy and procedures for
assigned area and implements approved procedures.
- Assists with the evaluation of the staff.
- Functions in position as needed to assure service timelines are
met according to Policy.
- In the absence of the Manager makes decisions that cannot be
- Assists with collection and analysis of data and the
development and implementation of action plans as part of the
Department Performance Improvement Program.
- Works in a cooperative fashion with all staff to accomplish
- Completes all required in-services according to established
- Other specific job duties including but not limited to cash
handling, cooking, driving, patient meal rounds, menu items and
other decisions will be essential to some supervisors based on the
area they supervise.Work is typically performed in an office
environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific
obligations and complying with all organization policies and
procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not
intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements
considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Relevant
experience may be a combination of related work experience and
degree obtained (Associate's Degree = 2 years; Bachelor's Degree =
Education High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required)
Experience Minimum of 4 years-Relevant experience (Required)
Our Purpose & Values OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is
about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our
Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat
everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We
treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We
share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare
the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Reading , Supervisor Foodservice, Other , Port Trevorton, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!