Company: CareLink Community Support Services
Location: Chester Springs
Posted on: March 19, 2023
EOE STATEMENT: We are an equal employment opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law.DescriptionResidential Counselor
Company: CareLink Community Support Services For over 60 years,
CareLink Community Support Services has been dedicated to helping
people with disabilities to live in the community with dignity and
independence. Our rehabilitation services and professional staff
provide the support that people with serious mental illness,
physical disabilities and other developmental challenges need to be
active, productive members of their communities. Location: Chester
Springs, PA 19425 (Pine Drive Program)Sign-On Bonuses for DSP (If
- $600 for full-time positions 40 hours per week (terms
- $300 for part-time positions 32 hours per week (terms
- $200 for PRN positions minimum 32 hours per calendar quarter
(terms apply)Pay Rate: starting at $15.00 an hour (RC) $15.20 an
hour (PRN) +shift differential for weekends.Job Type: Full-time/
Part-timeAvailable Shifts for Direct Support Professionals: 2nd
Shift, Tuesday through Saturday, 4 PM- 12 AM PRN-On-Call/As needed-
Tues-Wed-Thurs 8a-4p shifts available now; overnight shifts
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
- Bereavement leave
- 403 (b) retirement plan
- Long term disability
- Employee assistance program
- Basic life insurance and basic AD&D coverage at no cost to
- Voluntary, employee paid benefit plans: Short term disability
and Supplemental life insurance and AD&D
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursementJob Description: The Direct Support
Professional is responsible for promoting recovery, wellness, and
self-determination for individuals participating in services by
implementing, supporting, and documenting activities that promote
recovery. Our DSP is responsible for supporting community
integration. The goal of the counselor is to promote the pursuit of
independence for all individuals participating in service. The
essential functions are established based upon the agency mission,
values, and goals.Qualifications of the Direct Support
- High School diploma or General Equivalency diploma or Certified
Nursing Assistant license required.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution and experience
working in human services preferred, but not required.
- Valid state driver's license required.
- Willingness to drive agency vehicle as required.
- Familiarity as a Caregiver and with Mental Health best
- Must be able to write and speak English in an understandable
- Ability to prepare meals, perform general housekeeping and
maintenance duties.Essential Functions of the Direct Support
- Participate in the development and implementation of
service/recovery plans reflecting the individual's preferences,
goals, lifestyles, and interests.
- Assess, teach, evaluate, and supervise individual's skills in
the areas of daily living, meal planning, housekeeping, career
needs, and social, recreational, and community activities.
- Complete written documentation daily that reflects the
individual's recovery and progress on their goals as well as staff
- Support and oversee individuals with medication regimen
including PRN medications.
- Encourage and support individuals in developing positive
relationships with family and significant others.
- Support individuals through modeling, verbal teaching, and/or
direct assistance with maintaining cleanliness and orderliness of
their individual rooms and their residence.
- Prepare various foods for individual meals as required.
- Ensure that any and all dietary considerations are followed.
Food shopping must be completed and dietary preferences/concerns
will need to be considered.
- Locate and access community medical resources for individual
needs as applicable and as instructed.
- Take regular responsibility in shift activities, including but
not limited to site trash removal, changing linens, making beds,
cleaning bathrooms, cleaning common areas which include but are not
limited to the living room, kitchen, foyer, dining area, and
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas, including assisting with
maintenance of the kitchen, common areas, linen closets, medication
storage areas, and staff office.
- Respond appropriately to safety/emergency situations.
- Drive agency vehicles in a safe manner following the applicable
traffic laws for purposes of supporting individuals and/or the
- Lifting is required. Ability to lift at least a minimum of
twenty (20) pounds.
- Ability to physically assist individuals in personal care.
- Ability to perform common household cleaning activities that
involve: consistent standing, bending, twisting, pushing, pulling,
- Ability to shovel snow off of walk-ways, sidewalks, and porches
if applicable. PM21PI208184999
Keywords: CareLink Community Support Services, Reading , Residential Counselor, Other , Chester Springs, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...