Location: Mount Carmel
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Job Title: Flight Paramedic
Location: Danville, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Patient Support, Nursing and Nursing Support
Work Type: Full time
Department: Life Flight Selinsgrove Nursing Team
Date Posted: 09/08/2023
Job ID: R-51094
Job SummaryProvides paramedic level care, within the scope of Act
37 and as credentialed by the Life Flight medical director to Life
Flight patients in conjunction with the Flight Nurse. Functions as
a team member in the Emergency Department and assists physicians
and ED Staff to provide care to Emergency Department patients as
needed. Meets the qualifications to provide care for patients from
birth to over 100 years range. Performs duties to provide the
highest level of patient care and maximize patient satisfaction.
Accepts an assignment at any Life Flight site as directed by
leadership to insure adequate staffing.
- Provides paramedic level advanced life support until patient
care is relinquished to accepting medical facility.
- Maintains thorough patient care documentation in the electronic
- Practices within the paramedic scope of practice as defined by
Command Physician, or as needed under the written guidelines of the
Emergency Health Services Council Regional Protocols or the
Department of Health Emergency Medical Services ACT.
- Maintains competency in knowledge and psychomotor skills by
participating in ongoing laboratory and clinical experiences.
- Communicates educational needs to Life Flight Program
Coordinator, Operations Director and MD Director.
- Acquires the F-PC credential within one year of hire.
- Sets up sterile trays using aseptic techniques.
- Maintains medical interior of the Life Flight helicopters.
- Assures adequate inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Assures orderly environment in glasshouse and hanger.
- Functions as Flight Crew member and assists the pilot when
- Assists in the Communication center as required.
- Complies with safety standards to assure safety of self,
medical crew members, patient and equipment during all phases of
- Maintains good communication and positive interpersonal
- Participates in patient follow up as stated in guidelines.
- Participates in planned marketing and teaching activities.
- Serves as a role model, teacher and clinical resource.
- Acts as preceptor and participates in orientation of new
employees and students as assigned.
- Acts as liaison.
- Communicates program goals and objectives.
- Participates in staff development and continuing education
- Assists in conducting safety briefings as needed.
- Maintains awareness of current issues related to paramedics
through participation in professional activities.
- Participates in departmental activities, projects and
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities as
- Undertakes and maintains projects as assigned.
- Actively participates in patient safety improvement and
- Participates in required organizational and departmental
patient safety education programs and other activities designed to
improve departmental and organizational patient safety.
- Promptly reports serious events and incidents in accordance
with established hospital policy and procedure.------Works in a
patient care environment in and around aircraft and is exposed to
possible infectious diseases and chemical toxins. - Position may
require sitting for long periods of time in a helicopter or in an
office environment. - -Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds. -
Exposed to non-conventional motion, noise, vibration, jet fumes,
and extreme -temperatures. Working conditions in or near aircraft
and/or aircraft hangar environment on a daily basis and may be
exposed to loud aircraft noise, fumes, gases, odors, dust
particles, and mechanical and electrical hazards. - Travel may be
required. - Employee may not exceed 275 lbs in weight in flight
gear. - Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and
complying with all organization policies and procedures. The
specific statements in this profile are not intended to be
all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary
to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills
outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered
essential to the performance of the job related to that
EducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program- (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 3 years-Related work experience (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Basic Life Support Certification -
Default Issuing Body; Certified Paramedic - Default Issuing Body;
Certified Emergency Vehicle Operator - National Highway Traffic
Safety Administration; International Trauma Life Support
Certification (ITLS) - International Trauma Life Support; Pediatric
Basic Cardiac Life Support - Default Issuing Body; Valid Driver's
License - Default Issuing Body
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Reading , Flight Paramedic, Other , Mount Carmel, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!