Call Center Representative
Company: C.H. Briggs
Posted on: September 11, 2018
We are currently seeking a full-time Customer Care Representative to join our call center team in Reading, PA. The Vision of this group is to provide a world class customer experience, resulting in loyal customers for life. We are looking for someone who is motivated, can build strong relationships with our customers, and effectively act as a product consultant by upselling products that fill customer needs. Hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm, but could vary based on business needs.
The primary responsibility of this role is to professionally handle incoming requests from customers and ensure that requests are resolved both promptly and accurately. This position is accountable for a successful customer experience. Interactions with customers can occur via telephone, email, fax, web, etc. and typically involve order requests (including cross- and up-selling), quotes for price and availability, inquiries about products and services, and business issues. Timely follow-up with customers for inquiries/issues that are not immediately resolved is critical.
The CCR acts as an expert, possessing knowledge on a wide array of products and services and uses appropriate resources to resolve customer requests. Therefore, it's important to be able to learn quickly, retain information, and be organized enough to quickly access data.
Working with the outside sales teams and other departments is another key component of this role. Keeping open lines of communication and providing clear and concise information/updates, both verbally and in writing, will be required to ensure the customer has the best experience possible when working with Briggs. Teamwork means participating in team decisions, maintaining good working relationships, and supporting coworkers and our business goals.
It is also expected that the CCR will meet established individual and team performance targets, which include customer service, productivity and quality standards, and sales goals related to cross-selling and upselling opportunities, all while maintaining our Core Values.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Post high school education preferred.
- At least 1-2 years of customer support experience required, at least 6 months in a call center is highly preferred. Prior experience with cross-selling and upselling is a plus
- Basic knowledge of and experience using Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel; prior use of a CRM system a plus.
- Ability to multi-task with computer systems and phones, including navigate between multiple-open applications to find answers. Document notes while speaking with a customer.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Effective oral and written communication skill: enunciation, grammar, spelling and punctuation. Ability to read and write email & respond to customer messages. Voice quality: high energy level, clear, friendly, articulate, and good pace. Ability to maintain control of a call - doesn't allow caller to dominate call. Ability to remain professional at all times and keep an uplifting attitude with each individual interaction.
- Good comprehension and recall including aptitude to learn new concepts and retain information.
- Physical endurance requirements include ability to sit for a majority of the day and answer telephone without a break. Can tolerate the stress of a call center, a fast paced, sometimes stressful environment. Ability to handle customer's objections when customer is angry or upset.
- Flexibility - ability to effectively adapt to change.
- Able to make sound business decisions on behalf of the company and the customer.
C.H. Briggs is a third generation, family-owned company that has been in business for over 50 years. We are one of the largest independently-owned distributors of specialty building materials on the east coast. Learn more about our company at www.chbriggs.com.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; short and long term disability; Paid Time Off; 401k with company match.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and salary requirements email@example.com. If you meet our basic job requirements, you will initially be contacted via email so please make sure your current email address is included.
Keywords: C.H. Briggs, Reading , Call Center Representative, Other , Reading, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!