Clinical Service Specialist -Care Connections Clinic LGH (40 hours/week, 1st shift)
Company: Lancaster General Health
Posted on: November 17, 2019
CompanyLancaster General HospitalCost Center7028 Care Connections
ClinicSupervisory OrganizationCare Connections
ClinicGradeG07SummaryHours:?Monday to Friday?7:30 am to 4:00 pm; no
weekends/holidaysATTENTIONIf you are an external applicant, you may
need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring
process. We will send the assessment to the e-mail address that you
included on your application. Please also check your junk/spam
e-mail folder and complete the assessment within 5 days of
receiving it. For more information, please click
https://www.lghealthjobs.org/FAQSPOSITION SUMMARY: Provides
complete and accurate patient scheduling, registration, insurance
verification, ordering of tests and coordination of applicable
screening, diagnostic, physician office and outpatient hospital
services.? Capable of coordinating and communicating effectively
during increased volumes or with complex patients. Assists with the
delivery of direct, non-licensed patient care in accordance with
established methods and procedures, under the supervision and
guidance of appropriate personnel.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified
individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable
accommodation) to perform the following duties:Registration
- Performs complete and accurate patient registration including
but not limited to walk in, check-in, and/or scheduled.
- Demonstrates ability to successfully adapt and perform during
times of high volumes and/or high patient acuity.? Demonstrates
skill to service both hospital and physician office patients, if
- Supports inbound and outbound calls to or from patients,
guests, or appropriate parties as needed to provide
services.Patient Liability and Point of Service Collections
- Understands and supports Point of Service Collections. Performs
all necessary functions needed to collect patient obligations.
- Refers patient to appropriate person for questions regarding;
collections, insurance coverage, and financial assistance.
- Disseminates or discusses information with the patients
regarding co-pays, out of pocket expenses, pre-appointment
preparation, arrival times, etc.E-Health Record Verification
- Verifies patient, guarantor, coverage and hospital account
information. Performs required referral/authorization processes and
enters orders for applicable tests.?
- Understands insurance company coverage and
referral/authorization requirements of payors.? Performs electronic
and manual verification of insurance coverage and understands how
to read and accurately apply electronic insurance responses.
- Prepares and/or releases records or orders in the e-Health
record. Scans all necessary documents into appropriate medical
record. Understands the importance of patient?s medical information
that is documented on paper. Sends all pertinent information to
document imaging or heath information management team with in the
established time frames.Compliance/Regulatory
- Completes documentation for compliance and regulatory needs
and/or release of orders
- Retains knowledge and abides by all regulatory requirements
pertaining to duties of position and overall operation of the
Hospital (as applicable).??Complex Situations and/or Scheduling
- Screens and accurately relays messages using protocols
established for emergent, urgent and non-urgent calls.?
- Demonstrates ability to register unscheduled patients requiring
a full financial clearance.Work Queues- Understands how to complete
patient and account
- Completes assigned patient scheduling and registration work
queues according to performance standards.?
- Ability to resolve work queue issues and missing registration
items via electronic medical record.?Environmental Management
- Completes cleaning tasks utilizing OSHA standards.
- Performs maintenance and/or inventory of equipment and supplies
according to unit/department standards
- Maintains appearance of patient care and public areasSupply
- Orders, stocks and distributes supplies to meet the needs of
- Aware of cost containment practices and able to access need for
changes in utilizationPatient Care/Safety
- Greets and escorts patient and visitors to and from clinic/exam
room and prepares patient for visit with provider.
- Initiates patient visit/ follows up after visit when
appropriate within scope and competency; following established
- Prepares and assists provider with various procedures within
scope and competency; following established guidelines
- Maintains clinical skills necessary to perform duty/job
- Performs clinical functions as required, including any of the
following:? Phlebotomy, Pain Management, EKG?s, Holter Monitors, 24
hour Blood Pressure Monitoring, and Point of Care Testing if needed
based on departmental needs.QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completion of educational requirements (additional formal
education/training; maximum supervision for initial competency;
high degree associated risk factors; yearly competency evaluation
- One (1) year prior experience of Revenue Cycle in a
Hospital/Medical Office Setting AND/OR one (1) year
administrative/data entry experience in a medical facility, health
insurance or business setting.
- One (1) year of clerical, customer service, or administrative
support experience in a highly customer-oriented organization.
- One (1) year experience with basic keyboarding, personal
computer use, and other office setting equipment.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare,
Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs,
i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any
other federal or state health insurance program.
- One (1) year of Epic (or equivalent Electronic Medical Record)
- One (1) year of registration experience, point of service
collection, insurance validation, understanding of compliance
/regulatory guidelines and order release process(es)
- Epic or equivalent Electronic Medical Record experience
preferred.This position will require Child Abuse Clearances and FBI
Keywords: Lancaster General Health, Reading , Clinical Service Specialist -Care Connections Clinic LGH (40 hours/week, 1st shift), Other , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!