Electrical Test Technician
Posted on: January 15, 2020
EnerSys is the global leader in stored energy solutions for
industrial applications. We have over thirty manufacturing and
assembly plants worldwide servicing over 10,000 customers in more
than 100 countries. Worldwide headquarters are located in Reading,
PA, USA with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia. We
complement our extensive line of Motive Power and Energy Systems
with a full range of integrated services and systems. With sales
and service locations throughout the world, and over 100 years of
battery experience, EnerSys is the power/full solution for stored
DC power products. We continue to grow in our industry by ensuring
all employees possess the following core competencies: customer
focused, team player, engaged, ethical, strong communication
skills, and works safely.
This is a 6 month temporary assignment.
The Electrical Test Technician role is hands-on testing of
batteries, chargers, and electronic devices. The primary job
function is electrical product testing following standard
procedures and written instructions. This requires the operation of
load banks, power supplies, data acquisition units, and automated
battery testers. Other job responsibilities may include physical
testing, metrology, equipment preventative maintenance, and
packaging of hazardous materials. Qualified candidates should have
a solid understanding of DC electricity. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
* Primary duty is to independently perform electrical testing on
batteries following laboratory procedures with minimal supervision
while working closely with other members of the laboratory
* Operate electrical instrumentation to measure the performance of
* Generate accurate technical reports for the engineering
* Ensure that testing is started and completed on time by
maintaining a flexible schedule and practicing good time
* Ability to clearly communicate both written and orally.
* Maintain clean and organized work areas.
* Assist engineering groups in performing teardown evaluations of
* Ability to operate battery powered equipment for material
* Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
* Associate s degree in a related field, such as Electronics,
Electrical Utility, Physical Sciences, or Electro-Mechanical
Engineering; or 2 years of experience in a related discipline.
* Good problem solving and visualization skills needed.
* High proficiency required. Position requires the use of many
software packages specific to equipment, monitoring devices, or
products. Position requires extensive use of MS Excel; high
* Previous experience with a lead-acid battery, battery chargers,
DC electricity, or electrical measurement/data acquisition devices
* Previous certification on operating material handling equipment,
PLC programming, or calibration certification is beneficial, but
GENERAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
* Must be able to stand for long periods of time
* Must be able to frequently bend; twist; reach; stoop; kneel or
* Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds/23 kilos on a daily
continuous basis. Anything heavier will be done with the assistance
of a mechanical device or with the assistance of another
* Must be able to differentiate colors.
* This position is exposed to harmful materials such as
lead/fiberglass products. Periodic blood tests are required to
measure the level of lead. Precautions are taken by the
company/employee to reduce the risk of exposure and help ensure
* Risk of electrical shock.
* Employees are responsible for wearing the required Personal
Protective Equipment in the proper manner at all times.
EnerSys is always looking to hire top talent. EEOEM/F/D/V
Nearest Major Market: Reading PA
Keywords: Enersys, Reading , Electrical Test Technician, Professions , Reading, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!