Recruiting Supervisor - Driver Hiring Center
Posted on: August 2, 2020
Penske is an essential business to our customers and communities,
our team is working hard to keep supply chains up and running. T
his position is immediately available and we are actively
recruiting, interviewing and hiring for this role. Please apply
today. We are committed to the health and safety of our associates,
candidates, and customers. We have modified our hiring processes to
include increased phone interviews and where in-person activities
are required, we are practicing social distancing. You can learn
more about our company approach on our main company career page
Our driver hiring team continues to grow! We are currently
expanding our staff and are looking for an additional recruiting
supervisor to lead a team of driver recruiters and manage daily
operations to support the hiring efforts for
In this role you will manage, train, coach, and motivate a staff of
centralized driver recruiters. As a primary point for our internal
customers (our location managers), you will collaborate on needs
assessments for our locations
across US and Canada, and provide updates on hiring activity to
field operations leaders and field HR managers. As part of a team
of supervisors, you will have shared responsibility to ensure our
hiring team is executing internal hiring processes and recruiting
activities efficiently, ensuring a white-glove candidate
experience, and supporting escalation processes for driving record
reviews, compliance, and background screening.
Preferred candidates for this position will have at least 2 years
of team leadership experience and demonstrating successful
achievements to business initiatives. Individuals with prior
experience making organizational hiring
decisions, recruiting, retail management, and high volume
recruiting management are highly preferred. The ability to actively
listen and influence direct reports, peers, and leaders is
essential to success in this role. A positive,
can-do attitude and the willingness to work a rotating, flexible
schedule is required. Bilingual Spanish communication is a plus.
This position is based at Penske's corporate offices 7 miles South
of Reading, PA.
• Manage daily operations of Driver Hiring Specialists, ensuring
proper prioritization of recruiting needs, distribution of
workload, ensuring all tools and processes are functioning to
ensure business continuation. Assist with issue resolution and
promote behaviors that enhance customer satisfaction.
• Ensure strong and efficient collaboration between Operations
leaders, HR leaders, and all Recruiting team members to ensure
alignment to staffing needs and activities.
• Assure Driver Hiring Specialists are consistent in their approach
to following the recruiting process at Penske, verified through
audits, assessments, and customer feedback.
• Oversee all necessary team management activities including
hiring, performance management, associate relations, expense report
management, training and company program compliance. Lead all
ongoing team engagement activities that help ensure job
satisfaction and workforce productivity.
• Conduct candidate driving record and background screening reviews
under Penske's established guidelines, ensuring accuracy,
integrity, and risk mitigation in decision making.
• Serve as a Penske staffing process and systems subject matter
expert for contact center technologies including hardware, call
routing applications (Genesys), telephony systems, Salesforce.com
and other CRM and marketing tools, and recruiting systems
• Special Assignments and tasks as assigned by manager or other
staffing leadership, such as serving on process improvement teams,
coordinating small scope short-term projects, etc.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of relevant recruiting work
experience and leadership.
• 2 years team leadership experience, or, 3 years of Penske
experience with established record of highly successful
performance, including steadily increasing levels of responsibility
• Prior responsibility for leading a team to execute to defined
outputs through training, engagement, coaching, development, and
conflict management preferred. Examples of relevant experience
include recruiting team management, contact center management,
retail management, and driver/terminal management.
• At least 5 years' experience either as a recruiter, or, as a
manager responsible for interviewing and hiring preferred.
• Past experience hiring professional truck drivers preferred.
• Prior recruiting team or contact center management experience
• Must have demonstrated strong organizational and documentation
• Detail oriented, self-motivated, strong organizational skills and
ability to prioritize.
• Analytical skills, with the ability to review reports and make
• Able to communicate effectively both in-person and through
written correspondences and presentations with candidates, peers,
managers, and leadership.
• Bilingual Spanish communication skills a plus.
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule,
work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment
application, submit to a background investigation (to include past
employment, education, and criminal
history) and drug screening are required.
• The physical and mental demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally
and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information;
and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be
required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently
required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with
hands and arms. The associate must be
able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading,
Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske
Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global
transportation services provider, Penske operates a
premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations
in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia.
Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract
maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck
sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain
management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Keywords: Penske, Reading , Recruiting Supervisor - Driver Hiring Center, Professions , Reading, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!