Production Supervisor - Manufacturing
Posted on: August 3, 2020
Schwan's Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle
company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer
and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and
food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron--,
Tony's--, Big Daddy's--, Villa Prima--- and Freschetta-- pizza;
Mrs. Smith's-- and Edwards-- desserts; and Pagoda-- Asian-style
snacks. To learn more about Schwan's, visit .
We are hiring a Production Supervisor for our packaging
manufacturing facility in Pottstown, PA. This position is
responsible for supervising the production for a food packaging
What you will get from us:
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food
company. For the right candidate, the Production Supervisor role
can be a starting point on the path to a Manufacturing Manager
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being
of its employees.
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic,
good-natured and highly skilled.
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of
- Directs production and packaging on production lines.
- Supervises, trains, and develops subordinates.
- Responsible for interviewing and hiring qualified employees,
following EEO and Affirmative Action guidelines.
- Manages employee performance and skills development, conducts
performance appraisals, and administers disciplinary action,
including employment terminations when necessary.
- Responsible for safety, housekeeping, policy administration,
employee relations, cost control, and problem solving.
- Adjust daily work schedule as needed to meet production
- Reviews and signs off on all Quality Assurance and HACCP
- Checks product quality, usage, waste, product counts, and
weights to assure performance and attainment.
- Demonstrate KPI measures.
- Reviews and/or prepares and assures accuracy of various
- Assures improvements, if needed, and timely distribution of
reports and budget information.
- Maintains constant improvement in making quality products,
reducing costs, and following good manufacturing practices
- Participates in and supports Global Manufacturing Food Safety
Initiative programs, implementation, and compliance
Years of Experience: 4 to 5 years related work experience
preferably in food industry manufacturing or equivalent combination
of education and experience, with minimum of 2 years in
Education: High School diploma required. Bachelor's degree
- Intermediate personal computer skills including Microsoft
- SAP experience beneficial.
- Intermediate knowledge of robotics used in production.
- Ability to effectively supervise line employees.
- Strong communication and reasoning skills to provide a positive
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules
operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs.
- Knowledge of FDA and SQF regulations preferred.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment
Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to disability, age,
race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other
Keywords: Schwan's, Reading , Production Supervisor - Manufacturing, Professions , Reading, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!