Associate Software Engineer III
Posted on: January 13, 2021
Working with a diverse team, you will participate in all aspects of
the software development lifecycle. You will get an opportunity to
design functions and modules and be responsible for delivering the
next generation of innovative applications to our customers
What You Will Be Doing:
As an Associate Software Engineer III, you will be part of a team
that develops our next generation of applications while enhancing
and supporting our existing applications. You will be involved in
reviewing, interpreting & developing systems in accordance with
user requirements & troubleshooting issues as they occur. Working
with the business and other software engineers/leads, you will
develop an understanding of the requirements and translate them
into technical design to develop and implement the solution. You
will also collaborate with engineers and architects to ensure
optimization, offering your input into the requirements and
potential alternative courses of action.
• Act as the primary contact and lead support associate for
multiple application modules/ processes, resolving customer issues
in a timely manner.
• Participate in all aspects of the Software Development lifecycle
through supporting existing software development efforts and
developing new software modules.
• Develop, maintain, test, analyze performance, troubleshoot / fix
applications and applicable code.
• Delegate tasks and participate in reviewing code from junior
onshore & offshore developers.
• Produce deliverables with clean, well-documented and easily
maintainable code that adheres to defined coding standards and best
• Participate in designing backend database schemas, using concepts
such as Database Normalization and write complex SQL
• Interact with business analysts/product owners to understand
requirements, translate it to technical design & develop the
• Write unit / UI tests to help identify defects.
• Implement software for applications and related technology, with
• Analyze project specifications, software requirements
specifications, and software prototypes and build test plans and
test cases based on the analysis
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or
equivalent years of software development experience
• 2-4 years of experience in appropriate programming languages such
• Full stack development experience in technologies such as React,
Spring-MVC, myBatis, RESTful API's.
• Understanding of the full software development lifecycle.
• Understanding of project management concepts.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Experience of appropriate design frameworks and patterns.
• Experience in relational database design and writing complex
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Experience with Agile Methodology Preferred
• A team player mindset with an ability to thrive and effectively
communicate in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule,
work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment
application, submit to a background investigation (to include past
employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally
and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information;
and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be
required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently
required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with
hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading,
Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske
Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global
transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet
of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North
America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's
product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract
maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck
sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain
management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Keywords: Penske, Reading , Associate Software Engineer III, Professions , Reading, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!