Posted on: January 15, 2021
Penske is seeking an ambitious Senior Accountant to join our
Controllership team. We are looking for an associate that will
provide fresh thinking and has the desire to be "best in class".
This position will collaborate with the business, focusing on the
administration, accounting and reporting of our leases and fixed
assets. This position will work closely with various departments
including Operations, Treasury, Foreign Affiliations, and others
within Controllership, offering support and driving process
- A liaison with the business to evaluate, administer, account and
report out in the areas of leases and fixed assets by applying
Penske's accounting policies and Generally Accepted Accounting
- Provide support in the evaluation of contracts as well as
maintain and update Penske's lease accounting records for new lease
transactions, modifications and terminations.
- Prepare lease classification tests, which involves interaction
with Operations, Treasury and Controllership.
- Provide support to Operations to evaluate lease/buy
- Reconcile, analyze, and review general ledger accounts in
preparation for month end close.
- Prepare and analyze reports that support Penske's internal and
- Provide expertise and guidance to general inquiries regarding
Penske's fixed assets and lease accounting policies as well as
- Provide support for special projects, ad hoc requests, and other
duties as assigned.
- Develop and drive process improvements.
- Establish rapport and build cooperative working relationships
with relevant internal and external parties.
- Other tasks as assigned by Manager/Supervisor.
- At least 3 years related experience demonstrating knowledge of
financial statement analysis, financial reporting, and Generally
Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required
- CPA, CMA or MBA preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong team player and self-driven individual
- Technical Accounting experience is preferred
- Experience with Tririga is preferred
- Ability to multi-task and meet reporting requirement
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access,
and PowerPoint required
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule,
work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment
application, submit to a background investigation (to include past
employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally
and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information;
and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be
required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently
required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with
hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading,
Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske
Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global
transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet
of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North
America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's
product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract
maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck
sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain
management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Keywords: Penske, Reading , Senior Accountant, Professions , Reading, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!