Centralized Cardiac Monitoring Technician - Per Diem
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job Title: Centralized Cardiac Monitoring Technician - Per
Location: Danville, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Nursing Support Services, Nursing and Nursing
Schedule: Per Diem
Work Type: Part time
Department: JM-Continuous Video Monitoring Unit & EICU Nursing
Date Posted: 10/15/2021
Job ID: R-21264
Job SummaryThe Monitoring Technician is responsible for on-going
surveillance of patient cardiac monitors on multiple floors and
settings. Provides registered nurses and clinicians with immediate
notification of any changes in cardiac rhythms. The Monitoring
technician completes the admission set-up of telemetry monitors for
the clinical units and performs monitor discharge and maintenance.
The Monitoring Technician has completed a Cardiac Dysrhythmia
Course and successfully passed a rhythm analysis examination.
- Maintains ongoing, high-level surveillance of patients' cardiac
rhythms and notifies nursing and clinicians of any rate and rhythm
- Measures and interprets patients' heart rhythm and documents on
patient rhythm strip every four hours.
- Initiates and discontinues monitoring equipment on admission,
transfer, or discharge.
- Performs configuration as necessary.
- Performs clerical duties related to admission, discharge, and
documentation of patient information from Central Cardiac
- Communicates clearly when receiving information from units or
- Uses clear and complete communication with unit personnel when
delivering information about changes in patient rhythm.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Serves as a resource for training and troubleshooting to both
the Central Cardiac Monitoring Room and clinical areas.
- Troubleshoots monitors with nursing staff and contacts Clinical
Engineering as appropriate.
- Gives report to oncoming shift.
- Prioritizes and organizes work assignment and adjusts
priorities based on changing situations.
- Maintains and stocks all designated equipment, including
telemetry and monitoring cables.
- Replaces defective equipment and reports failures to Clinical
- Adheres to confidentiality of information acquired pertaining
to patients, clinicians, employees, and visitors.
- Develops a rapport and cooperative relationship with nursing
and clinical staff and responds to questions and requests from
healthcare providers.Work is typically performed in a clinical
environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific
obligations and complying with all organization policies and
procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not
intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements
considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional
competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific
orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the
job related to that position.
EducationHigh School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required)
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We are
an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and
Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran
Keywords: Geisinger, Reading , Centralized Cardiac Monitoring Technician - Per Diem, Professions , Milton, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!