Maintenance Mechanic I - Allentown, PA
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Join our team and immediately become part of the largest
distributor of conventional, natural, organic and specialty
products in the United States and Canada. We serve over 43,000
customer locations with 200,000 different products. Our Warehouse
associates supply thousands of consumers with better for you food
that nourishes families nationwide. Our retailers range from small
family owned stores to Wholefoods Markets and everything in
between. Are you ready to make an impact on the lives of others and
feel good about what you do? Join our growing Distribution team
- $23.50 per Hour!
- Competitive Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K &
- Growth and professional development opportunities.
- Recognition for great work, company events and picnics, and
- Full-time employment opportunityPosition Purpose:
- Responsible for the prompt repair and ongoing maintenance of
facilities, equipment, and company vehicles. Identify, monitor and
troubleshoot problems. Keep records of work performed and complete
maintenance history logs. Control and account for equipment. Ensure
operation of safe and functionally sound equipment. Maintain
grounds and clears parking lots. Maintain and order supplies and
parts as needed.Essential Functions & Basic Duties:
- Maintain and repair Epoxy floor as needed
- Maintain racking - replace and move orange bars
- Maintain and repair facilities including basic plumbing
(bathroom repairs) and electrical systems.
- Maintain grounds, parking lots, and driveways. Clears
- Provide recommendation to repair or replace poorly functioning
- Efficiently prioritizes repair schedule to ensure an
uninterrupted production schedule.
- Conduct regular facilities inspections.
- Assist in developing a preventive maintenance schedule.
- Ensure an adequate inventory of necessary spare parts and
materials is maintained.
- Assist personnel as needed. Communicate regularly with
personnel to ensure that repairs and maintenance needs are met and
coordinated with production schedules.
- Keep management informed of areas activities and of significant
concerns. Report major concerns or significant problems.
- Ensure work area is clean, secure and well maintained.
- Re-keys locks. Dock door/plate repair
- Perform duties in accordance with Hazard Analysis Critical
Control Points (HACCP) and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and
procedures, as appropriate for
- High School Diploma/GED and/or equivalent related
- Understanding of Safety guidelines
- Knowledge of production functions.
- Understanding of equipment operation and maintenance
- Two years of on-the-job experience with electronics and
- Machining and fabrication experience helpfulSKILLS/ABILITIES:
- Excellent mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work well independently
- Able to cooperate and communicate well with others
- Well organized and attentive to detail.
- Basic computer skills
- Able to use various hand toolsAll qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran
status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating
an inclusive and respectful environment for all. -
M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.Additional
Keywords: UNFI, Reading , Maintenance Mechanic I - Allentown, PA, Professions , Kutztown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!