Egg Loader - Second Shift
Company: Michael Foods
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Business Unit OverviewMichael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the
food processing and distribution industry with business in egg
products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer
exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you
can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact.
Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's First in
Food.Location DescriptionMichael Foods, Inc. located in
Klingerstown, Pennyslvania known for their ice cream socials at
Klingerstown Lutheran Parish, fishing rodeo, and fireman's parade.
Responsibilities$15.00 hr. + $.50 Shift differential POSITION
SUMMARY: The purpose of the loader is to supply the machines with
flats of shell eggs ensuring they never run out while keeping pace
with production. Three loaders must supply the lines with flats of
shell eggs. They should be able to lift and carry 6 flats of eggs
at a time (approximately 20-30 lbs.) safely, ensuring that the
lines never run out. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Loaders constantly supply optiloader conveyors with flats of
shell eggs, picking up 6 flats at a time safely from a nearby
- Remove and stack dividers or skid sheets (between the flats of
eggs on the skid) to the designated area.
- Remove and stack empty skids to the designated area.
- Remove empty flats from the optiloader machine and stack them
in the designated area.
- Supply candlers with flats of fill-in eggs.
- Assist in monitoring optiloader machine to remove any
- Expected to adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP and HACCP
guidelines, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product
quality is maintained in order to maintain SQF certification.
Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely
affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Performs other duties as assigned.QualificationsEDUCATION AND
- No prior experience or training.
- Ability to read a limited number of two-and three-syllable
words and to recognize similarities and differences between words
and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply
and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations
using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in oral form. Ability to deal with problems
involving one concrete variable in standardized situations.
- Ability to obtain Powered Industrial Truck (PIT)
- Ability to lift and move empty skids weighing up to 50 lbs.
safelyPREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bending, stooping and reaching while lifting, turning and
carrying approximately 20-30 lbs. or 6 flats of eggs
- Ability to follow verbal instructions
- Ability to work indoors in a wet, humid environment
- Ability to travel stairs.
- Ability to work well with others and be a team player
- Driver's license
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's) and Safety
regulations for the area
- Wear the proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for the job
including a bump cap, earplugs and steel tip boots.
- Ability to operate specific equipment or tools.The above
statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work
and may not include all of the duties required of the
- Medical (HSA/PPO)
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Retirement Plan w/ match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Paid holidays
- Growth opportunities
- Incentive PlanKeywords: hourly, entry level, entry-level, load,
conveyor, machine, manufacturing, manufacture, egg, labor, student,
production, packaging, benefits, vacation, pto
Keywords: Michael Foods, Reading , Egg Loader - Second Shift, Professions , Millersburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!