Emergency Department Technician I
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Job Title: Emergency Department Technician ILocation: Lewistown,
PennsylvaniaJob Category: Nursing Support Services, Nursing and
Nursing SupportSchedule: Evenings Work Type: Full timeDepartment:
GLH Emergency Medicine DepartmentDate Posted: 10/01/2021Job ID:
R-20424Job SummaryPerforms basic patient care under supervision of
the Registered Nurse and maintains the patient care and unit
environment consistent with the policies, procedures and practices
of the heatlh system. Meets the qualifications to provide care for
patients in the specific age range on their assigned clinical area.
Promotes a caring and healing environment for patient-centered
- Triages patient care by identifying, observing and documenting
the physical needs of the patient and families.
- Reports changes in patient condition to Registered Nurses.
- Assists patient care staff by performing the following
procedures: wound care, splinting, and EKGs.
- Provides patient care that may relate to rehabilitation to
carry out multidisciplinary care plan for each patient.
- Provides unit desk clerk functions when needed.
- Obtains and maintains the integrity of specimens in accordance
with policy and procedure, according to physician order.
- Uses two patient identifiers with proper labeling.
- Blood glucose monitoring.
- Urine and stool testing.
- Assist with transporting patients into and out of the
department to other areas of the hospital for tests.
- Will transport medications to and from pharmacy and within the
unit along with transporting blood products to and from Blood
- Provides safety and suicide monitoring.
- Assists patients with activities of daily living including
undressing and dressing as well as lifting and positioning them to
complete certain procedures.
- Staff have access to non-controlled medications storage and
supply areas and can transport non-controlled medications as
necessary to meet the needs of the clinic and unit.
- Coordinate relations between care providers, patients, and
- Promotes a caring and healing environment for patient-centered
care.Work is typically performed in a clinical environment.
Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and
complying with all organization policies and procedures. The
specific statements in this profile are not intended to be
all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary
to successfully perform the job.EducationHigh School Diploma or
Equivalent (GED)- (Required)ExperienceMinimum of 1 year-Related
work experience (Preferred)Certification(s) and License(s)Pediatric
Advanced Life Support Certification - American Heart Association
(AHA); Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification - American Heart
Association (AHA); Basic Life Support Certification - Default
Issuing BodyOur Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we
do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our
Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat
everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We
treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We
share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare
the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We are
an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and
Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran
Keywords: Geisinger, Reading , Emergency Department Technician I, Professions , Beavertown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!