Company: Michael Foods
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Business Unit OverviewMichael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the
food processing and distribution industry with business in egg
products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer
exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you
can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact.
Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's First in
Food.Location DescriptionMichael Foods, Inc. located in
Klingerstown, Pennyslvania known for their ice cream socials at
Klingerstown Lutheran Parish, fishing rodeo, and fireman's parade.
ResponsibilitiesPOSITION SUMMARY:The purpose of the sanitarian is
to provide an environment free of slip/trip hazards in the Cooked
department. Co-workers, supervisors and managers benefit from this
person providing a safe work environment and assisting in
controlling contamination in the production area.DUTIES AND
- Must be able to keep floors free of egg products during
- Bag, weigh and store seconds and thirds.
- Document weights of seconds and thirds for shrink records.
- Must assist in the general good housekeeping of the area and
assist in monitoring and changing hand dip sanitations.
- Assist in maintaining supplies and chemical sources (for boot
scrubbers, and foot foamers) for the area
- Expected to adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP and HACCP
guidelines, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product
quality is maintained in order to maintain SQF certification.
Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely
affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Take out Garbage at end of shift.
- Performs other duties as assigned.QualificationsEDUCATION AND
- No prior experience or training.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply
and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations
using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in oral form. Ability to deal with problems
involving one concrete variable in standardized situations.
- Powered Industrial Truck (PIT) CertificationPREFERRED
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Must have good verbal and communication skills and the ability
to work well with others.
- Must be a self-motivated individual who can work with a minimal
amount of supervision.
- Basic reading, writing and math and ability to use a
- Must have the ability to safely lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must have the ability to work indoors in a damp changing
environment for duration of the shift.
- Must follow all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's), Hazard
Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Safety regulations
for the area with the ability to learn and understand cross
contamination issues and how to avoid them.
- Must wear the proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Must have PIT (Powered Industrial Truck) training, will be
trained to obtain certification.
- Must have the ability to retain knowledge for future use.
- Ability to operate specific equipment or tools.The foregoing
statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities
assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may
Keywords: Michael Foods, Reading , Production Sanitation, Professions , Kulpmont, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!