Construction Tech-Line Worker - Up to $31/hour!
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Description'Windstream is considered an essential business and
we are HIRING NOW. As our company responds to COVID-19, the safety
and wellbeing of our employees, customers, partners and communities
is our top priority.--- About the Role: Construction
Technician-Line Worker --is responsible for installing, repairing
and maintaining poles, cables and conduits; installing aerial and
buried cables with associated hardware as required to build jobs;
the running of fiber optic, copper and other necessary cable in the
telecommunications space, both aerial and in underground
infrastructure, such as manholes; maintaining the safety of the
crew by providing direction regarding procedures, road safety,
manhole safety, attending safety meetings as requested; maintaining
material inventory, DOT vehicle inspection; operate heavy
machinery; and other duties as assigned, including, but not limited
to, splicing copper and fiber cable and any tasks associated with
splicing cable. The job will include work on weekends, holidays,
standby and unscheduled hours and overtime. Travel is required and
may be over 50% of the year depending on the business needs. What
- Install, repair and maintain poles.
- Install aerial cables (fiber and copper); set up service for
customers, installing, connecting, testing, or adjusting equipment
- Measure signal strength at utility poles, using electronic test
- Inspect or test lines or cables, recording and analyzing test
results, to assess transmission characteristics and locate faults
- Access specific areas to string lines or install terminal
boxes, auxiliary equipment, or appliances, using bucket trucks, or
by climbing poles or ladders, or entering tunnels, trenches, or
- String cables between structures and lines from poles, towers,
or trenches and pull lines to proper tension using jacks, hoist and
other equipment as necessary.
- Pull up cable by hand from large reels mounted on trucks
- Lay underground cable directly in trenches or string it through
conduits running through trenches/manholes as requested and
- Pull cable through ducts by hand or with winches.
- Ability to use a variety of construction equipment to complete
installations, such as digger derricks, bucket trucks, back hoes,
trenchers, or cable plows.
- Dig trenches for underground wires or cables.
- Understand staking sheets and blueprints.
- Perform work in accordance with industry standards. Be familiar
with RUS standards, read and follow design engineers---
instructions and specifications, maintain the scope of work on the
project and adhere to safety procedures.
- Prepare engineering field notes. Interpret buried underground
and aerial telecom facilities in records, on maps and in the field
with clarity and detail--and make recommendations for changes in
running line or construction methodologies.
- Participate in engineering, permit and construction processes
- Perform routine maintenance. Recognize and repair route issues
including but not limited to, hand hole cleanup, sign placement,
and weed control as required.
- Fill and tamp holes, using cement, earth, and tamping
- Splice copper and fiber cables and tasks associated with
- Other work as assigned. IND123QualificationsMinimum
- 1 year of outside plant construction experience including the
installation, repair and maintenance of poles and buried or aerial
- Pole climbing certification
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 75 pounds
- Ability to work in all weather conditions, year round
- Ability to work in confined spaces and at heights
- Ability to work an on-call schedule rotation as well as
days/nights/overnights/weekends/holidays/overtime, as needed
- Valid driver---s license
- Minimum qualifications to obtain a CDL
- Ability to pass DOT certification
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- Ability to Travel
- Exceptional time-management and attention to detail to complete
all paperwork accurately and on-time. Desired Qualifications: --
- 5 or more years of experience
- OSHA 10 Hour Safety Course and Buck Squeeze (Pole Climbing
- Proficient at operating various Construction Equipment. Our
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Plans
- 401K Plan
- Health & Flexible Savings Account
- Life and AD&D, Spousal Life, Child Life Insurance
- Educational Assistance Plan
- Identify Theft, Legal, Auto & Home and Pet Insurance About US:
Windstream Holdings, Inc. is a leading provider of advanced network
communications and technology solutions for consumers, small
businesses, enterprise organizations and carrier partners across
the U.S.Job Category: BargainingLocations:
Windstream is an equal opportunity employer. At Windstream, we
celebrate the authenticity and uniqueness of our people and their
ideas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age,
national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status,
current military status, disability, sexual orientation, gender
identity, marital status, creed, citizenship status, or any other
status protected by law, and to give full consideration to
qualified disabled individuals and protected veterans. The diverse
voices of our employees fuel our innovation and our inclusive
culture. Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer,
pre-employment drug testing.
Keywords: Windstream, Reading , Construction Tech-Line Worker - Up to $31/hour!, Professions , Birdsboro, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!