Production Operator (Board) - Washingtonville
Company: USG Corporation
Posted on: January 16, 2022
USG is an industry-leading manufacturer of building products and
innovative solutions. For more than 115 years, Chicago-based USG
has developed award-winning wall, ceiling, flooring, sheathing and
roofing products that enable customers to build the outstanding
spaces where people live, work and play. With almost 7,000
employees across North America and operations around the world, we
are steadfastly committed to our core values: safety, innovation,
quality, integrity, service, diversity and efficiency.
Our employees are the backbone that supports our organization.
That's why we hire people for careers, not jobs. We offer benefits
on Day 1, including medical and dental, paid sick days, and paid
vacation and holidays. Plus, providing competitive pay and separate
investment and retirement plans help secure our employees' futures.
Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate milestone
anniversaries with us - find out how you can join our team and
build your career with USG.
* Responsible for making equipment adjustments to ensure proper
specifications are met
* Responsible for performing quality checks and recording
* Responsible for changing settings on equipment during
* Responsible for properly recording all production numbers into
* Responsible for performing some routine maintenance on
* Able to work in a manufacturing setting in a safe manner and
follow all plant safety rules and practices.
* Maintain a high standard for housekeeping within the work
* Computer skills needed for data entry and reporting. Process will
involve quality data or require comments related to the
* Recognize measurements that are outside of a specified range.
* Read measuring devices - standard tape measure down to 1/32" and
a micrometer down to 0.001".
* Read and complete documented inspection procedures.
* Follow instructions on printed work orders to complete assigned
* Computer skills preferred to review or revise documents in
Microsoft Office Programs.
* Navigate Microsoft Outlook for work related email.
* Ability to learn to operate plant equipment
* Familiar with common hand tools and how to properly use them.
(Hammer, wrench, screwdrivers, pliers, putty knife, etc.)
* Ability to troubleshoot minor issues within a process.
* Good communication skills needed with all co-workers. Must be
able to treat others with dignity and respect at all times
* Recognize unsafe conditions or hazards within work area.
* Demonstrates the ability to cooperate with co-workers in areas of
safety, quality, production/maintenance, and understands importance
of completing assigned tasks and their relationship to other
* Able to learn procedures and retain information for continuous
* Ability to use on-line tools to monitor product specifications to
ensure product compliance.
* Ability to make machine and process adjustments to ensure product
is within required specifications.
* Must be willing to be trained to operate heavy mobile equipment
such as industrial forklifts and sweepers.
EOE including disability/veteran
Keywords: USG Corporation, Reading , Production Operator (Board) - Washingtonville, Professions , Danville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!