Specification System Specialist
Posted on: June 25, 2022
We are looking for a professional and self-motivated individual to
join our Spec and Configuration team. The Specifications System
Specialist position is responsible for building new offerings,
maintaining, and updating existing offerings in our Penske Spec
Configuration System. This system provides our sales team with
Class 2 through 8 vehicle specs from various OEM's allowing them to
spec and quote our customers. An understanding of truck
specifications and component compatibility rules is essential to
help ensure Penske is proposing a buildable spec that aligns with
customer needs and Penske standards. You will have the opportunity
to collaborate with many OEM's, component suppliers and key
departments throughout the Penske Organization. This is an exciting
and challenging opportunity to join a team who supports a key
enterprise system for the Penske Organization.
Work location: 2675 Morgantown Rd., Reading PA 19607
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday (Regular Full-Time)
• Create and Maintain Specifications, Pricing, Controls, Media, and
Residual requirements for the Spec & Rating System.
• Work closely with OEM's, Suppliers, Vehicle Supply Team, I.T.,
Maintenance, Marketing and Sales.
• Maintain an extremely high level of Vehicle Spec and Pricing
• Perform quality assurance checks and balances of Vehicle
• Analyze and present findings in regards to new vehicles and
• Work with system users to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
• Other projects as assigned by the Manager
• Truck Industry Experience required.
• Good reasoning, detail oriented with a strong analytical skill
• Knowledge of Tractor, Truck, Trailer and Body componentry
• Strong Computer Knowledge.
• Good knowledge of MS Office products with strengths in Access and
• The knowledge of working with formulas, macros, databases,
tables, queries, and lookups is helpful.
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Bachellor Degree Preferred.
• Well organized with the ability to prioritize and follow-up on
open items required.
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently and meet
rigid deadlines required.
• Good communication skills (oral and written) required.
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule,
work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment
application, submit to a background investigation (to include past
employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally
and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information;
and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be
required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently
required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with
hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading,
Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske
Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global
transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet
of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North
America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's
product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract
maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck
sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain
solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Keywords: Penske, Reading , Specification System Specialist, Professions , Reading, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!