Project Leader - (Supply Chain & Logistics Safety Analytics)
Company: Penske Logistics
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Project Leader - (Supply Chain & Logistics Safety Analytics)(Job
Manage the implementation of an event such as a operational
start-up or closedown, process improvement initiative, network
redesign or systems deployment within a Region. Responsible for the
formalization of a realistic timeline, complete with milestones,
targets and identification of responsible parties. Handles many
tasks and assignments directly, delegating as needed to other
subject matter experts. Will ensure stakeholder and shareholder
buy-in and facilitate regular communication to convey progress,
inhibitors or roadblocks to the successful completion.
- Facilitate the recruitment and assignment of team members and
defines duties, responsibilities and scope of authority.
- Provide regular performance feedback to team members.
- Negotiate with diverse teams of people (IT, Engineering, sales,
customers, vendors) in a multinational, multicultural
- Instill in the operations leadership team that safe performance
is a critical element required to achieve success and is recognized
as an indicator of management effectiveness.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies and
company policies and procedures.
- Lead project scope development and options analysis.
- Develop project implementation strategy and implementation
- Coordinate project activities with HR, IT, Engineering, sales
and other groups as appropriate
- Work closely with customer's leadership and project team during
scope development and option analysis phase.
- Prepare presentations and status reports and deliver to
- Conduct benchmarking analysis and communicate results to
customer leadership to establish baseline for value generation and
to identify additional growth opportunities.
- Thoroughly review project budget for accuracy and report
- Closely manage resources and expenses to meet forecasted
- Continually evaluate project to assess whether deliverable will
meet customer's needs at the contractual rates.
- Evaluate existing facilities and fleet/material handling
- Establish relationships with local PTL operations as well as
other vendor operations.
- Ensure all IT infrastructure and systems are implemented and
- At least of 3 years of multiple supply chain service line
experience (Transportation, Warehousing, LLP, etc)
- 1 to 2 years of Project Management experience required
- Project Management certifications preferred
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degrees or certifications
- Strong analytical and influencing skills, written/oral
communication and organizational skills are required as this
position will have frequent executive communication and
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel,
Outlook and PowerPoint required
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function
of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule,
work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment
application, submit to a background investigation (to include past
employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening
- The physical and mental demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an associate to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally
and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information;
and remember and understand certain instructions or
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be
required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently
required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with
hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
the ability to adjust focus.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck
Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe
and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and
logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske
Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution
in transportation, warehousing and freight management
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Penske Logistics, Reading , Project Leader - (Supply Chain & Logistics Safety Analytics), Professions , Columbia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!