Lead Logistics Specialist (Full-time, Days)
Company: Geisinger Health System
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Job SummaryPerforms many of the non-clinical tasks required to
deliver care. Coordinates the interaction of an assigned clinical
area with Support Service departments to deliver a high level of
customer service to co-workers, patients and the clinical staff.
Works in a self-directed manner to prioritize the delivery,
preparation, use, cleanup, and storage of most supplies,
medications, equipment, and other non-staff resources for a
clinical area. Provides leadership and support to the operations of
Logistics Services. Assists the Logistics Services Supervisor with
staff, resource, and process management. Assists in the development
of more efficient support systems / processes.Job Duties
- Supports the care delivery process by coordinating Logistics
Services staff to ensure all assigned daily duties are being
- Daily duties may include any non-clinical activity required to
support the delivery of care.
- Ensures the proper management of the resources for an assigned
clinical area, including procurement, transport, storage,
preparation, cleaning, and maintenance assistance.
- Resources may include any supplies, non-controlled medication,
linen, equipment, or other materials required for patient care or
for other required activities.
- Maintains a current understanding of the supplies, equipment,
services, other resources, and operations provided by the Support
- Assures timely and effective response to department and
clinical unit requests and requirements.
- Monitors and responds to activity and issues.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining performance metrics
which accurately indicate the performance of staff and utilization
of resources for assigned work areas.
- Develops new metrics as appropriate or requested by
- Proposes improvements in efficiency of staff duties and job
processes and actively works to implement the improvements.
- Utilizes metrics to drive and evaluate improvement
- Solicits and encourages staff suggestions for
- Works to promote a team environment and open communication
within the work area.
- Acts as a mentor for employees.
- Participates on interdepartmental teams as needed.
- Builds a sense of employee pride, promotes good morals, and
creates an environment of participation.
- Ensures all assigned work areas are maintained in a clean and
- Provides for a safe environment by taking corrective measures
to maintain a neat and orderly work environment in optimal
- OSHA, Department of Health, and Joint Commission regulations
must be followed.
- Maintains a good understanding of all utilized technology,
including both hardware and software.
- Maintains a knowledge of required information systems.
- May act as a trainer for the staff.
- Provides direct supervision to assigned personnel.
- Assists with maintaining proper documentation, including
policies and procedures, and staff training manuals.
- Assists with staff adherence of all applicable policies and
- Assists with the creation of the weekly work schedule.
- Schedules breaks and lunches daily for all managed staff.
- Rotates staff and alters schedules as required to fill
vacancies due to call-offs, or other unplanned absences.
- Alters normal routines and schedules to respond to emergency
conditions as they occur.
- Assists leadership with the budget process as required.
- Completes annual employee evaluations as well as goal setting
for responsible employees.
- Assists employees with goal completion by providing
encouragement and support.
- Assists with disaster response coordination and planning.Work
is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for
satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all
organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in
this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent
typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the
job.Position Details*Geisinger offers comprehensive suite of
healthcare benefits all starting day one of employment! This
includes medical, prescription drug, vision and dental coverage. We
also offer up to $5,000 tuition reimbursement and 5% contribution
to your retirement plan.EducationHigh School Diploma or Equivalent
(GED)- (Required)ExperienceMinimum of 3 years-Related work
experience (Required), Minimum of 1 year-Managerial/Supervisory
(Preferred)Certification(s) and License(s)OUR PURPOSE & VALUES:
Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our
students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We
strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for
excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and
brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our
patients, our members, our community, and the nation. SAFETY: We
provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the
Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time and
part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and
domestic partners. Perhaps just as important, from senior
management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration,
cooperation and collegiality. We know that a diverse workforce with
unique experiences and backgrounds makes our team stronger. Our
patients, members and community come from a wide variety of
backgrounds, and it takes a diverse workforce to make better health
easier for all. We are proud to be an affirmative action, equal
opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment regardless to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability or status as a protected veteran.We are an Affirmative
Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are
Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against
on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
Keywords: Geisinger Health System, Reading , Lead Logistics Specialist (Full-time, Days), Professions , Danville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!