Construction - Billboard Installer
Company: Lamar Advertising Company
Posted on: September 11, 2023
Would you like to see a different part of your city every day
from a bird's eye view? This job is action-packed, and we provide
all the training and equipment to start your full-time career. Our
Billboard Installers complete anywhere from 20 to 50 billboard
advertising installations per week. Our Lamar office in Reading,
Pennsylvania, is now hiring a new Operations crew member to help us
bring outdoor advertising campaigns to life for brands in Reading,
PA, and the surrounding areas.
The purpose of this entry-level, full-time position is to install
and maintain billboards, including installation of advertisements,
maintenance of structures, and the construction upkeep of billboard
cosmetics. This position most often works alone and must be able to
manage work schedules effectively.
Want to hear more about Lamar? Check out these videos:
- About Us
- Our Relationships
- Giving Back Program What you can expect from us:
- A Monday - Friday, 6 am - 2:30 pm work schedule
- An hourly range of $18.50 - $20 / hour dependent on relevant
experience and qualifications
- 120 hours of paid time off (PTO) that increases with
- 12 paid company holidays including Presidents Day and
- A comprehensive 6-week training program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Ongoing professional development and internal leadership
programs to maximize your career potential
- Multiple medical plan options
- Dental and vision insurance
- 401K plan with company contributions for participation
- Paid parental leave
- Wellness program incentives such as medical plan premium
holidays and HSA contributions A Day in the Life:
As an Installer, you can expect to work alongside the Operations
team to install and maintain billboards while prioritizing the
safety of yourself and others. Installation most often includes
handling a large advertisement printed on vinyl and ensuring it is
properly assembled to the billboard structure. The tallest
billboard structure in the company is around 200 feet, so comfort
with heights is a must.
Maintenance of our billboards includes construction work such as
tightening bolts, painting steel structures, repairing trim and
various parts of a billboard sign face and structure, changing
light bulbs, and more. As for power/manual tools: you bring the
experience, we bring the equipment!
In this role you'll be expected to:
- Remove and hang flexes from billboards, remove and hang vinyls,
cut and prepare flexes and vinyls for installation, cut, prepare
and install copies on Tri-Visions
- Build and install extensions on billboards, cut brush/weeds,
conduct storm damage repairs and minor electrical repairs, and
maintain a clean workshop area
- Use power/manual tools while adhering to safety
- Attend installer and construction safety meetings as
- Maintain operation vehicles; maintain construction tools,
equipment, and machinery
- Take completion photos for proof of performance of
installations What we're looking for in YOU:
- Willingness to work at heights up to 100 feet above the
- Strong communication skills. Ability to speak and read English
- Willingness to work and get along well with others
- Basic computer skills including Internet navigation and
Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Ability to work from ladders and to carry a ladder and/or other
tools to the worksite from vehicle.
- Working knowledge of electrical skills and techniques.
- Working knowledge of fabrication skills and techniques.
- Skill in reading technical documents, such as blueprints and
- General knowledge of Lamar, Department of Transportation (DOT),
and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety
- Ability to safely use construction equipment
- Ability to climb heights and work at heights above ground
- Ability to document installations, through photographs and
- Skill in the practical applications of mathematics, in relation
to construction and operations tasks
- Skill in setting priorities that accurately reflect the
relative importance of job responsibilities Education and
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Ability to complete OSHA 10-hour Construction course
- CDL and Non-CDL licenses are a plus, but not required!
- Previous experience working at heights up to 100 ft. above
- Construction and/or billboard installation experience a plus,
but not required Please note: Upon submitting your application, you
will be asked to complete an 8-15 minute personality assessment.
This assessment compares your professional soft skills to the
skills required for success in this role. Please answer honestly;
this is not a test! Not completing this assessment could result in
disqualification from consideration for this position.
Candidates with a disability in need of an accommodation to fulfill
our application requirements should email .
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The primary work environment for this position is outdoors,
requiring the ability to work in adverse weather conditions and
climb to heights up to 100 ft.
- The physical demands for this position include heavy lifting
(up to 100 pounds), extensive bending, pushing, reaching, seeing
(with a focus on reading, color distinction, acuity, depth
perception, and peripheral vision), sitting less than 50% of the
time, standing, stooping, talking, turning, walking, driving, and
- Nights spent away from home traveling are less than 10%.
- On-call shifts may be required. Who we are:
Founded in 1902, Lamar Advertising Company is one of the largest
outdoor advertising companies in the world. With over 351,000
displays across the United States and Canada, Lamar is dedicated to
helping both local businesses and national brands reach broad
audiences every day.
We provide ad space through:
- Interstate logos
- Handpainted murals
- Transportation and airports
- The largest network of digital billboards in the United States
We live by the Golden Rule, and we operate with honesty and
integrity in every aspect of our business. We are open with our
employees, transparent with our customers, and loyal to the
communities in which we serve. While Lamar is a large company, each
office has its own culture and family atmosphere, making employees
feel connected both locally and nationally.
We are committed to sustainable and environmentally friendly
business practices and use a number of innovative strategies to
reduce our environmental impact. We are actively working to reduce
our annual greenhouse gas emissions and are projecting a 70%
decrease by 2026 as a result of our efforts.
Lamar is an EOE/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans
or any other State or Federally protected characteristic
Disability Self-Identification: When applying for a job with Lamar,
you will be asked to voluntarily self-identify whether you have a
disability. Please take a moment to watch this video for
clarification on why we're asking for this information!
California Residents - Lamar collects personal information in the
ordinary course of considering job applicants. This information may
include, for example, name, address, phone number and other contact
information, employment history and reference contact information,
and any other information provided by an applicant to Lamar. By
submitting an application, you consent to the use or sharing of
this personal information solely for the purpose of consideration
for employment by Lamar. Lamar will not sell this information.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Lamar Advertising Company, Reading , Construction - Billboard Installer, Professions , Reading, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!