Company: CARPENTER TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION
Posted on: April 18, 2019
Carpenter Technology Corporation is a leader in the development,
manufacture and distribution of cast/wrought and powder metal
stainless steels and specialty alloys including high temperature
(iron-nickel-cobalt base), stainless, superior corrosion resistant,
controlled expansion alloys, ultra high strength and implantable
alloys, tool and die steels, and other specialty metals as well as
cast/wrought titanium alloys. We provide materials solutions to the
ever changing needs of the automotive, aerospace/ defense, energy,
industrial, medical, and consumer products industries. Since it is
all about innovation at Carpenter, we are continuing to grow and
develop our business strategies.
Coordinator - Receiving
Location: Reading, PA
Maintain and organize the Receiving and Shipping functions and
assist in maintaining the PERMAC and D&B Systems. Perform the
daily inspection processing and receipt transactions for all
Storehouse shipments. Unload and un-package all incoming shipments
of materials, parts, and supplies. Ensure material received matches
material ordered per the purchase order information. Create and
attach delivery paperwork for items not going into inventory.
Create and attach tags for stock items stocked in inventory.
Prepare appropriate shipping paperwork for the outside rebuilding
of stock and non-stock items as well as the return of incorrect or
defective items. Conduct and perform cycle-counting of Stores stock
items as directed by supervision. Accumulate data and prepare
reports as required or directed by supervision.
As needed, serves as backup in the Mailroom in the following areas
- activities including: mail distribution routes, Storehouse supply
and parts deliveries, and printing.
- Two or more years relevant experience as determined by
- Develops knowledge and skills in basic practices and procedures
within own department or area. Applies basic technical skills and
knowledge to complete assigned work.
- Working knowledge of Carpenter's manufacturing processes,
products and services.
Working knowledge of PERMAC and Stores Computer Systems.
- Solves routine problems by using standard procedures and/or
- Responds to standard requests from internal or external
- Manages own time to meet deadlines through guidance of others
within a specified timeframe.
- Works with others within own area or department to achieve team
goals; scope of basic knowledge and skills.
- Ability to operate computer workstation.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and make appropriate
- Ability to work in a production oriented environment.
- Ability to access production work areas including equipment,
catwalks and pits.
- Ability to meet schedules or deadlines.
- Ability to operate a motorized vehicle, i.e., tow motor or
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess a valid drivers license.
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned.
Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a
comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental,
vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with
company contributions as well as many other options to
Carpenter Technology Corporation's policy is to fully and
effectively maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and
nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ affirmative action
for all protected classes, and to recruit and develop the best
qualified persons available regardless of age, race, color,
religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status,
national origin, political affiliation or any other characteristic
protected by law. The Company also will recruit, develop and
provide opportunities for qualified persons with disabilities and
Keywords: CARPENTER TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION, Reading , Receiving Coordinator, Professions , Reading, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!