Company: Elderwood Senior Living at Lancaster
Posted on: August 22, 2019
The Medication Technician functions as a key member of the Resident
Care Team and works under the supervision of the Director of
Resident Care. The Medication Technician assumes responsibility for
adequate training and proper work ethic of the Resident Care
* Must possess the ability to make independent decision when
circumstances warrant such action.
* Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel,
resident, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel,
and the general public.
* Knowledge of elderly, ill, and/or disabled.
* Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition an enthusiasm,
as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents.
* Must be able to relate information concerning a resident s
* Basic understanding of following step-by-step procedures.
* Follows and understands written and oral directions.
* Knowledge of equipment used in long-term care (e.g., lifts,
wheelchairs, Geri chairs, and scales).
* Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other
individuals in the workplace. (With or without the aid of
Physical and Sensory Requirements
* Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
* Must be able to speak and write the English language in an
* Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the
* Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable
these senses to function adequately to ensure that the requirements
of this position can be fully met.
* Must function independently and have flexibility, personal
integrity, and the ability to work effectively with resident
personnel, and support agencies.
* Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the
policies of this facility, which include a medical and physical
* Graduate of an accredited high school or GED preferred.
* Must be at least 21 years of age
* Must be in good physical and mental health.
* Ability to work independently or part of a group.
* Effectively communicate with others.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are
considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental
or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national
origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status,
sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal,
State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the
Keywords: Elderwood Senior Living at Lancaster, Reading , Medication Technician, Professions , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!