Account Executive, Brokerage (Northeast)
Posted on: September 11, 2019
As an Account Executive, Brokerage Sales you will have
responsibility to successfully initiate and develop business
opportunities with new and existing customers. The Account
Executive will develop and manage their individual customer
portfolio and work in a team environment. Business is generated
through inside and outside transactional sales by way of
prospecting, referrals, and business to business selling.
- Proactively identify, pursue, and maintain a constant pipeline of
potential Brokerage customers to meet or exceed
- Gain and maintain access to decision-makers via a disciplined and
structured prospecting regimen, including cold calling,
networking, attending tradeshows, and social media.
- Explain products or services and prices, and answer questions
- Prepare estimates, and bids that meet specific customer
- Adjust sales scripts to better target the needs and interests of
- Take the lead in negotiating and closing deals by uncovering and
addressing objections / concerns from the customer.
- Achieve defined transactional sales goals and development
standards required to attain the next level of career
- Monitor market conditions, product innovations, and competitors'
products, prices, and sales.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Develop comprehensive understanding of the customer's business
model and their unique challenges.
- Manage accounts to retain existing relationships and grow share
of Brokerage business.
- Establish relationships with customers with freight spend less
than 25 million.
- Work with the Brokerage team to resolve problems and to provide
ongoing support to customers.
- Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability,
product uses, and credit terms.
Internal Business Partnerships:
- Leverage operational support while working within a team to
continually improve the efficiency of overall book of
- Collaborate with the Brokerage team on pricing decisions,
supplier selection and timing
- Accurately track growth opportunities through a Customer
Relationship Management (CRM) tool.
- Obtain customer information such as name, address, and payment
method, and enter orders into Mercury Gate.
- Continually analyze Brokerage accounts to determine efficiency
- Take the lead in communicating direction and progress / status of
Brokerage deals to senior leadership.
- At least 2 years sales experience in 3PL and/or Brokerage is
required with proven track record in generating profitable revenue
growth and retaining
- Bachelor's Degree preferred. Experience may be substituted in
lieu of education.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
and PowerPoint required
- Strong written/ verbal communication skills required
- Valid driver's license
- Excellent customer service and phone skills
- Ability to learn new concepts, products, and services
- Strong organization and multi-tasking skills
- Persistent, persuasive and able to overcome objections with the
ability to be a good listener
- Demonstrated sales aptitude with relentlessly high standards
- Attention to detail and confident decision making skills
- Must have strong problem solving skills and the ability to think
and respond quickly to sales & service issues
- Must have strong presentation skills and the ability to handle
- Ability to connect and build rapport / relationships with
internal and external customers at all levels.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule,
work at the specific location required, complete Penske
employment application, submit to a background investigation (to
include past employment, education, and criminal
history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an associate to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally
and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain
information; and remember and understand certain instructions or
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be
required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently
required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with
hands and arms. The associate must be able to
occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception
the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck
Leasing. With operations in North America, South
America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain
management and logistics services to leading
companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through
its design, planning and execution in transportation,
warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com
to learn more.
Keywords: Penske, Reading , Account Executive, Brokerage (Northeast), Professions , Reading, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!