Virtual Diagnostic Assistant
Posted on: October 12, 2019
A Penske Virtual Diagnostic Assistant's (VDA) primary function is
to assist field service technicians in the proper execution of the
diagnostic process on a variety of vehicle classes and makes.
Guiding field technicians to troubleshoot vehicle diagnostic fault
codes accurately and quickly, following required repair procedures,
and updating engine parameters or calibrations are critical aspects
of Penske's business model. The VDA answers incoming calls from
field technicians and provides remote diagnostic support with a
high level of customer service. A VDA uses their own experience and
training, the latest OE programs and documentation, and visual and
audio communication links to coach our field associates through
their troubleshooting challenges.
- Working daily with Penske field locations / service associates to
assist in resolving their vehicle diagnostic troubleshooting
- Reducing a locations "diagnostic time per repair".
- Bring to the attention of the Manager Diagnostics & e-Tools any
repeated OEM software or diagnostic system issues.
- Reduce PTL locations "diagnostic repair expense" and "Outside
- Supports field customers with phone and remote vehicle diagnostic
expertise and assistance using various OEM diagnostic programs /
OEM web-sites / manuals / internal case base knowledge database
- Complete specific EM diagnostic software program training
- Follow-up on previously completed diagnostic troubleshooting
calls and complete "Customer Satisfaction Survey.
- Update "Case Base Knowledge" database system.
- Maneuver through various truck OEM diagnostic programs (fault
-codes, component tests, calibration, reports, etc. to name a
- Complete the diagnostic issue that was called in from start to
finish by the field customer.
- Complete "minor" diagnostic system repair / setting
- Receiving in-bound calls from the field customer and assist in
their diagnosis using various OEM diagnostic software programs as
they relate to fault-codes, diagnostic repairs and diagnostic
system issues (minor).
- Place out-bound calls and act a liaison for conference calls with
various OEM call centers, PTL locations and other suppliers.
- Enter call information supplied by the field customer and
corrective actions taken concerning the diagnostic repair into
Penske's VDA Support Call Center case base knowledge database.
- Make outbound calls to follow-up on previous in-bound call
requests to confirm a locations OEM diagnostic
program(s)/diagnostic system(s) are continuing to operate properly
after a previous logged call and/or repair has occurred.
- Act as a liaison between the Penske location field customer and
OEM, Penske and / or Snap-On / Nexiq Technologies Support Call
Center, as necessary, for additional troubleshooting
- Demonstrate excellent phone skills to interact effectively with
internal (field customers) and external customers.
- Provide customer service, assuring that customers are satisfied
with their experience which includes complete issue resolution.
- Manage multiple diagnostic issue situations (more than one call
at a time) remotely at the same time on a daily basis.
- Resolve or escalate field customer service issues as they
- Perform various duties as assigned by the Manager-Diagnostics &
e-Tools to support the efficient operation of the VDA Support Call
Monday - Friday : 3rd Shift, 5pm - 2am
- 3 - 5 years of experience in maintenance, training or diagnostic
call center position with a solid working knowledge of light /
medium & heavy-duty vehicle diagnostic programs is a must.
- Candidate should be a subject matter expert concerning various
light / medium & heavy-duty OEM engines, chassis, braking and / or
electrical system troubleshooting.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Technical School Degree or Associate's Degree preferred;
Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- ASE certification preferred.
- Must be able to work in an active and fast-paced environment and
remain accurate and calm.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, typing skills
and interpersonal skills.
- Must have ability to multi-task on the phone and on a computer at
the same time.
- Proficiency with the use of computers including Microsoft Word,
Outlook, Excel and internet browsing required.
- Ability for structured data entry required.
- VDA candidates must participate in various OEM diagnostic
training that may require travel away from home including overnight
stays throughout the year.
- Availability to work any one of four shifts, Monday through
Friday, 7:00 AM to 2:00 AM, as part of their regular weekly
schedule may be required.
- Willingness to work in a call center office environment (highly
structured, closely measured).
- Must have reliable transportation and ability to make it to the
VDA Support Call Center in any type of weather.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule,
work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment
application, submit to a background investigation (to include past
employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally
and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information;
and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be
required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently
required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with
hands and arms. The associate must be
able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading,
Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske
Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global
transportation services provider, Penske operates a
premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations
in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia.
Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract
maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck
sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain
management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Keywords: Penske, Reading , Virtual Diagnostic Assistant, Professions , Reading, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!