Corporate IT Recruiter (IT Development, IT Security, and IT Hardware)
Posted on: October 12, 2019
The Technical Recruiter is a corporate recruiting role that will
manage the full life-cycle recruiting process, including sourcing,
identifying, and selection of top talent, as well as creating a
positive candidate experience. This position will focus on roles
within Penske's IT function, primarily supporting software
development, security, and some hardware based roles.
This is an "in-house" position, with daily office collaboration
with IT managers and HR partners. Position is based out of our
Corporate office in Reading, PA but will also have recruiting
responsibilities for our remote IT Development Centers, requiring
This position is located at our Corporate offices in a beautiful
country setting 7 miles South of Reading, PA which is a convenient
commute with ample free and easy parking.
2675 Morgantown Rd Reading, Pennsylvania
Penske Truck Leasing is an industry-leading Transportation Company
that continues to expand our custom applications development and
information systems teams. Our award-winning IT team has
responsibility to support every aspect of our technology that
supports both our customers and over 36,000 Associates.
We are seeking a highly responsive, customer-focused individual
with strong time management and organizational skills to manage
exempt level positions, including management level roles. This
individual will need to
execute at a high level, work with a sense of urgency, and think
creatively to attract talent through taking the initiative, showing
motivation, and ability to think strategically. This position will
require the proactive identification
of active and passive talent through flawless execution of our
Your sourcing skills, candidate relationship building skills, and
internal collaboration/communication has to be strong in order to
be successful in this role.
Qualified candidates will have at least 3 - 5 years of recruiting
experience supporting IT exempt level roles. All recruiter
candidates must be self-motivated and self-sufficient and have
prior demonstrated experience in developing
creative solutions to solve problems. Optimally qualified
candidates will have demonstrated experience in sourcing candidates
with niche skills such as Java Programmers, Big Data Architects,
Mobile Developers, Server Applications, and Database
- Responsible for full life cycle recruiting including direct
sourcing, job posting through various media outlets, resume review,
and ATS management, including reporting as needed.
- Maintains effective working relationship with HR and IT
leadership to identify staffing needs and requirements; also to
ensure appropriate staffing service levels are met.
- Ability to conduct in-depth intake calls with the hiring team in
order to scope hard to fill positions and to identify precise
responsibilities, qualifications, & build detailed staffing
strategies, providing realistic expectations to hiring team.
- Partner with hiring team to determine the effectiveness of the
current recruiting strategy, provide updates on active candidates
and discuss future hiring needs.
- Conducts screening of candidates through resume review, phone
and/or in-person interviews
- In partnership with HR and IT Leadership, delivers offer packages
and sells of the value and benefits of working at Penske.
- Develops and maintains relationships with colleges/universities,
alumni groups, military sources, and diversity organizations.
Facilitates and/or participates in external or internal recruiting
events (open house, career fairs, and interview days).
- If necessary oversees and manages relationships with professional
search firms to support niche-staffing needs. This includes
ensuring proper contracting is executed and overseeing efficient
and effective activity on behalf of your internal customer
- Effectively administers and coordinates background-screening
- Coaches hiring managers on active recruiting and selection
practices to ensure policies and legal requirements are in
- Ensures compliance with all federal/state laws and
- Support Penske's diversity initiatives throughout the recruitment
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- 3 -5 years of progressive recruiting experience supporting a
large company environment required. Preferred candidates will have
3-5 years in recruiting niche IT roles, including high demand
- Bachelor's degree required, or, at least 5 years of equivalent
work experience required
- Strong knowledge of various sourcing strategies and techniques
including social media technologies, required.
- Proficient use of enterprise applicant tracking systems,
required. Prior experience with Taleo preferred.
- Organizational skills and ability to document detailed notes
regarding recruitment process, required
- Demonstrated internal customer service skills, including
troubleshooting and problem-solving experience required.
- Previous experience in managing relationships with staffing and
third-party search firms preferred
- Industry relevant certification, such as AIRS and SHRM,
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in-person and through
written correspondence and presentations, with candidates, peers,
managers, and leadership.
- Ability to work in dynamic, fast-paced environment, manage
competing priorities and keep up with a high volume of
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of
- Ability to travel is necessary, work the required schedule, work
at the specific location required, complete Penske employment
application, submit to a background investigation (to include past
employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening is
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally
and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information;
and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be
required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently
required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with
hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading,
Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske
Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global
transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet
of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North
America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's
product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract
maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck
sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain
management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Keywords: Penske, Reading , Corporate IT Recruiter (IT Development, IT Security, and IT Hardware), Professions , Reading, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!