Quality Metallurgical Lab Technician
Company: CARPENTER TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION
Posted on: November 9, 2019
METALLURGICAL LAB TECHNICIAN
Reading, PA location
SHIFT: 3rd shift starting on a Sunday at 11 pm. Individual must be
flexible in terms of working overtime during the week (Monday -
Friday) and weekends (Saturday - Sunday) as needed to support
- Perform mechanical tests on standard equipment such as hardness
testing tension, tensile, resistivity, etc.
- Collect and record test data obtained during the
- Cross training in other areas of the Met Lab will be at the
discretion of management.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma Required.
- 1+ years of relevant experience in a lab environment.
- Experience operating abrasive/band saws, manual lathes, drill
presses and belt/disc sanders.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office and LIMS.
- A team oriented individual who works well with others.
- Elementary knowledge of metallurgical principles, standards,
methods and practices. Elementary knowledge of
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and make appropriate
decisions. Ability to work in a fast-paced and every changing work
Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a
comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental,
vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with
company contributions as well as many other options to
Carpenter Technology Corporation's policy is to fully and
effectively maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and
nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ affirmative action
for all protected classes, and to recruit and develop the best
qualified persons available regardless of age, race, color,
religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status,
national origin, political affiliation or any other characteristic
protected by law. The Company also will recruit, develop and
provide opportunities for qualified persons with disabilities and
Keywords: CARPENTER TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION, Reading , Quality Metallurgical Lab Technician, Professions , Reading, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!